In case you weren’t aware of this news, Facebook has announced a new “streamlined” look with more roll outs and changes expected to go live next week. Below is the link published yesterday on the Mashable website.
The main takeaways are:
- Same two columns layout but right column will be the timeline; the left is profile information. So there will now be a clear distinction between profile/brand information and the newsfeed;
- The posting text box: “What have you been up to?” will move from the left side of the screen to the right;
- The “Invite your Friends” section will move from the right side of the screen to the left side;
- A new metrics section will appear on the far right side of the screen, complete with engagement data (likes, post reach, ad info);
- A new option now for Page Admins is the “Pages to Watch”. Admins will be able to create a list of competitor/brand pages to compare metrics against.
I hope this was useful and helpful information.
Have you heard any other interesting Facebook news?